3/11/11

We all need the Son

I have been thinking the past couple days about the effect the Sun has on us (or the lack there of). I have noticed that I feel a lot better when the sun is out and shining. (Even if the outside temperature is -20 degrees out) Even if the Sun doesn't help warm the Earth, it still serves a purpose. It produces light, which God created our brains to be sensitive to.

What do you think of when I say the word Beach?: Warm? Sunny? Kids playing? Relaxing? Peace? All are correct. I think of relaxing on the beach with the sun shining.

The exact same thing happens with Jesus.

When his light shines in our lives, we can have many wonderful effects. He provides light, shining in the darkness, provides heat, love and warmth, we can rest and relax in him, and even when we feel like our lives are -20 degrees, Jesus light helps us feel better and keeps us going.

The opposite is also true. When the Sun is not shining, we feel tired, blah, depressed and feel like hiding in bed. Our lives can feel like that when we don't have Jesus.

I pray that the light of Jesus will shine brightly in your life!

All for Jesus!
Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment