12/31/09

Back to the Basics

Don’t forget about the basics!

I played soccer for ten years and I had so much fun doing it. One thing that I remember most is that no matter how well our team did and how old we got, one thing that our coach would always tell us at every practice was,” Don’t forget about the basics!”

I remember asking (several times throughout the years) why we had to do the same basic drills over and over again. (I would get tired of doing them) My coach told me that we had to keep doing them because if we forgot how to do the basics, them we might as well go home. Once you forget about the basics, them the more advance techniques and the more complex ideas fail to exist.

The same thing happens spiritually with our walk with Jesus. If we forget about the basics (Reading our bibles daily, spending time in prayer and worship, and keeping Jesus first in our lives.) then the rest just fails to exist.

I pray that 2010 will be filled with many blessings! I also pray that you wouldn’t forget the joy and love that you had when you first found Jesus. Don’t forget your first love for Jesus! Stay close to Jesus! Its all good with him!!

 Don’t forget about the basics!

Happy New Year!

All for Jesus!
Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment