12/31/09

Spiritual Hair Dye

Have you ever been overly ambitious or excited about trying something new that you made a lot of dumb mistakes? Yeah I think we all have.

So I was trying to dye my hair recently and this is what happened:

It all stated when I went and bought some dye in the form of shampoo. (You know the stuff that washes out in 6-12 washes and isn't permanent) I got a bottle and decided to put it in my hair (it was my first time every using the stuff) and so I mixed it up and started applying it. Just then I stopped and panicked for a second. I thought that I had gotten the wrong color. (My hair is a dark ask brown, and when I went to put the dye on my hair, it looked jet black) Not knowing that it was suppose to be like that (and it being my first time using it) I decided to only leave it in my hair 10 mins. (The box said 20) (I only left it 10 mins fearing that it would turn out to dark and not the write color) Much to my surprise (after the 10 mins) I washed and dried my hair and noticed that it didn't do anything. (This was because I didn't leave it in enough time and that I really shouldn't have been trying to do this at 12:30 in the morning) Ok so having that attempt fail I asked my friend to help me. (She wanted to dye her hair also) So we went and got a light ash blonde to put in her hair and mine. After 45 mins I washed my hair and was very surprised by what I saw in the mirror. The dye wasn't strong enough and had turned my hair orange. (I was trying to highlight my hair) I got another bottle of the shampoo dye and tried to fix my hair. (I left it on for 30 mis even though the box said 20) I washed my hair and I was unpleasantly surprised. It didn't take! Not even a little bit. (Sigh) Another failed attempt. Ok so the next day I finally decided to ask my mom what I should do and ask her to please fix it. We go and get the highlighting kit (the real stuff and the stuff I should have used right off the bat.) and she highlights my hair. Great no problem right? Not exactly. After looking at my hair for a day, I decided that I don't like it and way to do it over. (The highlights were to much and to thick) So I go and get dye to match my hair color (permanent this time.) I dyed my hair back to its normal color. The next day I decide that I want y highlights just not as much. So I go and highlight my hair again. Finally I look in the mirror with my new highlights and start thinking. I really like them but they are too bold (they are to while blonde, I wanted more of a golden blonde). So once again I get more dye and tone them down. Finally my hair is fixed and looks perfect right? Not quite. I am very happy with my highlights but I notice one small thing. They aren't even. I have more on one side then another. (Now it is not noticeable, and if I didn't mention it, you wouldn't know the difference but because I looked really close, I noticed.) I can tell you that I am just leaving it that way and not messing with my hair anymore. (After all it is not noticeable.)

Why am I telling you all this? Well remember that the Physical parallels the Spiritual. So here are some lessons that I learned that I think will be helpful in your walk (and mine) with Jesus:

• It was my first time using that shampoo dye. I was fearful of what was suppose to happen and did what I wanted to despite the directions on the box. We do the same with Jesus. The freedom that we find in Jesus can be a new experience for us. We can be fearful of what is suppose to happen. (because we have no idea that it is normal) In tern we do what we think is best despite the instructions that we have been given. In doing so, it doesn't work and we wonder why. We do the same with Jesus. We do what we want or think is best and totally ignore or change the instructions that Jesus has given us. When it doesn't turn out the way it was suppose to, we wonder why. (Sometimes we have to spend more time with Jesus for things to really take effect)

• The light ash blonde dye wasn't strong enough to finish the job. (it started it but quit half way) Same thing with Jesus. Sometimes when we do something we start is but don’t finish it. (like breaking a bad habit) Sometimes it’s because we aren't quite strong enough to finish the job. Jesus will give us all the strength and power you need to find (and keep) true freedom in him!


• I got a second bottle of the shampoo dye. I tried to fix the problem on my own. After several failed attempts, we can try to fix it on our own. Let me tell you that Jesus is the only one that can truly fix your problem and give you true freedom! We can't do it on our own!


• I asked my mom for help. Finally I admitted that I needed help (from someone who knew what they were doing.) There is nothing wrong with asking for help. My mom was able to guide me and tell me what I needed to know to not only fix it, but not do it again. We need to be the same way with Jesus! Trust me when I say that Jesus knows what he is dong! He can and will fix it!

• I highlighted my hair. Finally we did what I wanted (or suppose to) to do. We can do what God wants us to do but when we are done we know something just isn't right.

• I had to start over from the beginning. (Re-dye my hair back to the color it was.) When we don't do things right the first time we have to start over from the beginning. Same thing with Jesus.

• Finally we do what we were suppose to do in the way it was intended to be done.

• Finding little flaws. We all have them. Some are noticeable and some aren't. Stop looking for them and you won't find them!

• Doing things on your own can be costly. (for me it cost me $30, for something that was suppose to cost me $10) Addiction (and sin) will cost you more then you want to pay.

Redemption and Freedom in Jesus! It’s true. You have total and complete redemption and freedom in Jesus! (Although it did cost me more then I wanted to say, my mom was awesome and gave me the money back that I had paid.) Jesus will give you back what you lost and then some!


• Healing and finding true freedom is a process. It takes time. (This didn't all happen in one day, it took several days.)

Just like the hair dye I pray that you will make the change for the better permanent! Stay focused and stay strong in Jesus! Learn form your mistakes and from the mistakes of others. Keep Jesus first in your life and follow his instructions closely. It’s all good with Jesus! (Romans 8:28)

All for Jesus!
Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment