12/23/09

Spiritual Dehydration

Have you ever been dehydrated?

Here are some signs of dehydration:
  • dry mouth,
  • the eyes stop making tears,
  • muscle cramps,
  • nausea and vomiting,
  • heart palpitations
  • lightheadedness (especially when standing).
With Severe Dehydration you may experience:
  • confusion
  • weakness
  • and coma can result.
Now as you can see there are several levels of dehydration. Ranging from mild to severe.

We all know that the body is make up of mostly water (and if you didn't know that I just told you.) We all know that water is vital for everything that our body does. (from breathing to digesting to moving our muscles etc) We use up (or loose) water.

So remember in my last post when I was talking about being sick? (If you haven't please go back and read it. I will wait for you.)

Ok so like I was saying; remember when I was talking about throwing up? Well here is something I find interesting (you might find this just plain gross, so I apologize ahead of time.) But when you throw up or have diarrhea, it takes extra water to get rid of the bad stuff that you ate. (making you more prone to being dehydrated) So how do we not become dehydrated? Drink lots of water. (or fluids)

The same thing spiritually.

John 4:14:

14 (Jesus is speaking) But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him unto (into, for) eternal life.

After we have thrown up (gotten rid of) the sin in our lives. (which it takes water to do) We need to drink lots of water to help us stay well.

So drink lots of water (which is spending time with Jesus) and get lots a sleep (which is also spending time with Jesus) and let Jesus heal you!

Be healed in Jesus!

All for Jesus!
Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment