12/30/09

Christmas Everyday

Christmas. This was not to long ago. What did you get for presents?

Well if your Christmas was anything like mine (and I am assuming that it was) then it was pretty "typical". I got together with my family, we sat and talked for a while, had a nice meal together, gave and  received gifts and we all went home. (It wasn't exactly like that, but you get the idea.) Like I said, I thought it was a "typical" Christmas, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was really special.

There are a few interesting things about that night:
  • We were celebrating Christmas
  • We were able to be together as a family
  • We were able to spend some time talking and catching up with each other.
  • We had a meal together
  • We gave and received gifts
Now one thing that I am a firm believer in (and will say a lot) is that the Physical parallels the Spiritual. (We are talking about 99.9% of the time.) So keeping this in mind, I want you to think about a few things:
  •  That we were celebrating Christmas (the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ!) Jesus is the center (and main reason) of the party. Keep Jesus first and everything else will work out!
  • We were able to get together as a family. Just like we have a physical family we also have a spiritual family. It is nice to be able to get together with people and worship Jesus. (On Sundays, Wednesdays and any other time of the week.) We not only gather physically, but also spiritually. It is many people becoming one in spirit as we worship (and become one with) Jesus. 
  • We were able to spend time talking and catching up. It is nice to have time to spend with other Christians. We get to know each other and build strong, lasting relationships with each other. It is really nice to spend time with and get to know Jesus! The more time you spend with someone, the more you get to know them and the more you become like them.
  • We were able to have a meal together. It is nice to sit and have a meal as a family. The same thing goes with God's family. We sit and have a meal together by learning from and applying God's Word to our lives.
  • Giving and receiving gifts. It was fun to watch as everyone was so excited about the gifts. All of the gifts that we give and receive have spiritual influence. (For example, I got a new pair of shoes (it was unexpected but I pleasant surprise) I received shoes and God is saying (right now to me) (according to Ephesians 6:15) that I am giving you preparation. (I am preparing you) [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace.)
There were several other things I got, but I think you get the point.

So in Summary: 
  • Keep Jesus the first priority in your life!
  • Don't forget to go to church 
  • Spend time getting to know other Christians, (and most important) spend time getting to know Jesus!
  • Regularly spend time learning and applying God's word to your life. (with others and daily by yourself)
  • Enjoy and use the gifts that God has (and will) give you. 
I don't know about you but I want Christmas Everyday!

Remember Jesus loves you and so do I! Stay strong and continue to learn from him!!

All for Jesus!
Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment