12/12/09

Electric Current

Ok so have you ever thought of how an electric current works? What’s its purpose? How does it do what it does? Why does it do what it does?

Well I have been thinking about this and here is what I have come up with:

  • The purpose of an electric current is to transfer power from one thing to another. (Weather it be from the wall to your computer, or from the wall to your lamp or whatever it may be.)
  • How do you transfer power from one thing to another? Think about this for a second. ( I don’t want to give you all the answers just yet :D) So really think about this and see what answer you come up with. (I am not saying that all my answers are correct, this is just what I have come up with.)
There are two ways to transfer power:

  • The first is though a cord. ( Like from the wall through the cord into your lamp)
  • The second is wireless. (Like in the case of cordless phones. (What happens here is that the signal goes from the base, travels though the air and is received by the phone. (through an antenna)
The same thing applies to our walk with Jesus!

 We are a lot like this electric current. What is our purpose as Christians? Our main purpose is to love God and then we can love others like God has loved us. So how do we do that? By the transfer of power (and love and mercy and grace and forgiveness etc) from Jesus to us. We first must receive it from Jesus to then be able to give it away.

Next is how do we transfer power from Jesus to us? Well this can be done in one of two ways: With a cord, or wirelessly. This is how a cord works: First you take one end and plug it into the wall, and then it transfers power to whatever it is plugged into on the other end. Well Jesus is the wall that we must plug into to get power. The cord is us spending time with Jesus. (In worship, prayer, reading your bible daily, and just hanging out with Jesus.) The electric current is God’s Holy Spirit (if you have questions on this please ask) Then the cord is plugged into us on the other end.

Wireless works like this: The signal gets send from the base and is received by the phone (or a receiver of some kind) Jesus is the base and we are the receiver. (Or the phone)

With the advances in technology we are seeing more and more wireless (and cordless) things. God works the same way. Sometimes he chooses to download (give us) information straight to our spirit. (his spirit talks directly to ours) Does this happen? Yes. What I have found (at least in my life, and this looks different for everyone) that Jesus likes to use the cord. (go old-school, if you will) (I know that even with the advances in technology, I still have to plug in my lamp if I want it to work.) Now are there times when Jesus will speak to me in a dream? (And speak directly to my spirit) Yes. But he also likes it when I take time everyday to spend time with him and he speaks to me that way also. (Through my thoughts, feelings, emotions, situations, attitudes, my senses etc.)

So no matter how Jesus chooses to speak to me, I want him to speak and to continue to transfer everything that he is into (and through) me! So I can give to people what Jesus has given me! (Be that electric current) (His unconditional love, joy, peace, endurance, grace, mercy, HEALING, FREEDOM, etc.)

Did you get all that? Here is a summary:
  • Jesus is the plug in the wall; he transfers power to us (with the help of the Holy Spirit. (who is the cord)) We are the lamp that the cord is plugged into. (so Jesus can shine his light through us)
  • Jesus is the plug in the wall (we covered this above) and the Holy Spirit is the electric current (the power) and we are the cord that plugs into each other. (and our family and friends) We are to give (and pass along) that which Jesus has given us!
So remember that with Jesus (by spending time with him, and with help from the Holy Spirit) we can be all that he has created and called us to be! All we have to do is stay plugged into HIM!!

All for Jesus!
Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment